- Title: Johnny Depp and Amber Heard leave court after first day of libel suit
- Date: 7th July 2020
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (JULY 7, 2020) (REUTERS) VEHICLE CARRYING HEARD PASSING THROUGH COURT GATES, DRIVING AWAY
- Embargoed: 21st July 2020 16:56
- Keywords: Actors Amber Heard Johnny Depp Royal Courts of Justice The Sun Newspaper court court sketch libel case wife beater
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA005CLTA9MV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Johnny Depp launched his legal action against Britain's The Sun newspaper on Tuesday (July 7) in a case that is likely to delve into the private lives of the Hollywood star and his ex-wife actress Amber Heard.
Depp and Heard were both seen leaving the high court on Tuesday, after the first day of proceedings in the case.
Depp, the 57-year-old star of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" films, is suing the Sun's publisher, News Group Newspapers, and its executive editor, Dan Wootton, for libel over an article Wootton wrote in 2018 calling him a "wife beater".
(Production: Gerry Mey, Michael Fiorentino, Ben Dadswell)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None