- Title: Dream is to have a team full of Scousers, says Liverpool boss Klopp
- Date: 7th July 2020
- Summary: LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND, UK (JULY 7, 2020) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) LIVERPOOL MANAGER JUERGEN KLOPP SAYING: "I'm really, really happy that we're allowed to use dressing rooms again. With the social distancing, all is clear, but the boys can change inside. With the weather we have now, the weather during lockdown was brilliant, but now it would be really strange if they have to change in a tent or in a car or whatever. So, I'm looking forward to the time when it will be as it was before all the things started to happen. Now it's OK, but it was really good before. So, I'll be really happy when we can do it again like we used to do it."
- Embargoed: 21st July 2020 15:13
- Keywords: Brighton Graham Potter Juergen Klopp Liverpool Scousers
- Location: LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA004CLT9UM7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: PART QUALITY AS INCOMING
Liverpool manager Juergen Klopp says he was encouraged by the development of the club's academy graduates and hopes to have an entire squad of homegrown talent at his disposal in the future.
Liverpool secured the top-flight title for the first time in 30 years last month, leading to suggestions that Klopp would give more game time to next generation players such as Neco Williams, Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliott in the season's seven remaining games.
That theory ended when Liverpool were thrashed 4-0 by Manchester City in their first outing after being crowned champions.
However, German Klopp, whose side are 23 points clear of second-placed City, insisted that his long-term vision is to have a club filled with local talent.
During a virtual news conference on Tuesday (July 7), Klopp also praised Brighton & Hove Albion manager Graham Potter for revamping the club's style of play as his side prepares to face Brighton on Wednesday (July 8).
(Production: Iain Axon, Kurt Michael Hall)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None