- Title: Johnny Depp in witness box on day one of libel case
- Date: 7th July 2020
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (JULY 7, 2020) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF THE ROYAL COURTS OF JUSTICE WITH MEDIA GATHERED OUTSIDE SIGN FOR THE ROYAL COURTS OF JUSTICE EXTERIOR WITH MEDIA GATHERED
- Embargoed: 21st July 2020 15:20
- Keywords: Actors Amber Heard Johnny Depp Royal Courts of Justice The Sun Newspaper court court sketch libel case wife beater
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA002CLTA8UF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Johnny Depp launched his legal action against Britain's The Sun newspaper on Tuesday (July 7) in a case that is likely to delve into the private lives of the Hollywood star and his ex-wife actress Amber Heard.
Depp, the 57-year-old star of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" films, is suing the Sun's publisher, News Group Newspapers, and its executive editor, Dan Wootton, for libel over an article Wootton wrote in 2018 calling him a "wife beater".
Depp and Heard were pictured arriving separately at the court on Tuesday, with Depp wearing sunglasses and a dark scarf around his face while Heard walked in, holding the hands of two women, wearing a red scarf around her face.
(Production: Gerry Mey, Sarah Mills)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None