- Title: One dead and four injured in London crane collapse
- Date: 8th July 2020
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (JULY 8, 2020) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF CRANE COLLAPSED ONTO BUILDINGS
- Embargoed: 22nd July 2020 19:00
- Keywords: London UK crane collapse homes people injured people trapped
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Disaster/Accidents
- Reuters ID: LVA001CLYAGJR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:A person was killed and four others injured when a crane collapsed at a building site in Bow, east London, on Wednesday (July 8), emergency services said.
The 20-metre crane fell onto a site where flats were being constructed and into two nearby terraced houses, the London Fire Brigade said.
Two of the injured were treated for head injuries and were taken to hospital and the other two patients were assessed at the scene, the London Ambulance service said.
"Sadly, despite the efforts of emergency services, a fifth person has been found and died at the scene," it said.
London Fire Brigade station manager, Colin Digby said firefighters and emergency services officers would continue to search for any missing persons throughout the evening.
(Production: Hannah McKay, Aiden Nulty)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None