- Title: India, Pakistan troops exchange fire along border, civilian killed
- Date: 8th July 2020
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) MEDICAL OFFICER, GENERAL MEDICAL HOSPITAL, RAJOURI, DR. MANSOOR AHMED, SAYING: "When we examined her, we found a 5*5 cm lacerated wound on her left leg. The fracture is so severe that fragments are visible. There is another wound in the right thigh, which is about 3*3 cm. She had active bleeding. They had done primary dressing but she still bled a lot. Pulse and BP (blood pressure) was not recordable. She also has multiple splinter injury in her abdomen." POONCH, JAMMU AND KASHMIR, INDIA (FILE - AUGUST 29, 2019) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) VARIOUS OF VALLEY/AUDIO OF MORTAR SHELL GOING OFF
- Embargoed: 22nd July 2020 09:09
- Keywords: India Jammu and Kashmir Kashmir Pakistan Poonch Rajouri border firing ceasefire violation civilian shelling
- Location: POONCH, RAJOURI, JAMMU AND KASHMIR, INDIA
- City: POONCH, RAJOURI, JAMMU AND KASHMIR, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Military Conflicts
- Reuters ID: LVA003CLY7RDB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Pakistan violated ceasefire in Indian Kashmir's Rajouri district in the wee hours of Wednesday (July 08), killing an elderly woman and injuring another civilian, officials said.
Indian and Pakistani troops exchanged fire along Mendhar and Balakote sectors of Poonch and Rajouri region.
The deceased was identified as 60-year-old Reshma Bi.
Last month five Indian soldiers succumbed to their injuries along the de facto border, Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch and Rajouri sectors in Pakistani shelling.
Cross border shelling has increased in the past two years between India and Pakistan.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None