- Title: Workers protest planned Nokia job cuts targeting recently-hired
- Date: 8th July 2020
- Summary: PROTESTER MARCHING WITH THE EIFFEL TOWER IN THE BACKGROUND
- Embargoed: 22nd July 2020 15:50
- Keywords: Nokia protest
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Company News Markets,Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA005CLY6UYV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Several hundred Nokia workers protested in Paris on Wednesday (July 8) against plans to cut over 1,200 jobs in its French subsidiary Alcatel-Lucent International.
Nokia has said most of the layoffs would come from research and development (R&D) teams. Unions say this is incomprehensible when Europe is preparing to deploy the next generation mobile network.
Nokia was bound to job retention commitments when it acquired Alcatel Lucent in 2015. They expired in June.
Nokia says it will continue to be a major employer in France with a strong foothold in R&D.
(Production: Emilie Delwarde, Yiming Woo)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.