- Title: German prosecutors probe Wirecard for money laundering
- Date: 9th July 2020
- Summary: ASCHHEIM, GERMANY (JULY 1, 2020) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF WIRECARD'S HEADQUARTERS OUTSIDE MUNICH ON DAY THEY WERE SEARCHED BY MUNICH PROSECUTORS AND POLICE MAN SEEN THROUGH OPEN WINDOW INSIDE WIRECARD HEADQUARTERS MAN CARRYING ATTACHÃ‰ CASE ENTERING PREMISES WITH A WOMAN VARIOUS WIRECARD EXTERIORS WITH MEN OUTSIDE BUILDING WHITE MINIVAN ENTERING PREMISES WIRECARD EXTERIOR MUNICH, GERMANY (JUNE 23, 2020) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF PROSECUTOR ANNE LEIDING SPEAKING TO REPORTERS (SOUNDBITE) (German) PROSECUTOR, ANNE LEIDING, SAYING: "Last night the former CEO Dr. Markus Braun was arrested here in Munich after arriving from Vienna. We are currently investigating him on suspicion of falsifying accounts and market manipulation." EXTERIOR OF MUNICH PROSECUTOR'S OFFICE
- Embargoed: 23rd July 2020 11:56
- Keywords: ex former ceo markus braun money laundering munich prosecutor payment settlements probe wirecard
- Location: ASCHHEIM & MUNICH, GERMANY
- City: ASCHHEIM & MUNICH, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Company News Markets,Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA001CM36QVH
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:German state prosecutors are investigating Wirecard for suspected money laundering, a spokeswoman for the Munich prosecutor's office said by phone on Thursday (July 9).
"We are investigating suspected money laundering," the spokeswoman told Reuters, saying the inquiry was directed at individuals from Wirecard.
She said it followed a number of criminal complaints this year and last.
Wirecard declined to comment and Munich's prosecutor's office did not want to comment on the case on camera.
(Production: Michele Sani)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None