- Title: Man City to learn European fate on Monday
- Date: 10th July 2020
- Summary: MANCHESTER, ENGLAND, UK (FILE - FEBRUARY 19, 2020) (REUTERS) MANCHESTER CITY'S ETIHAD STADIUM ETIHAD STADIUM SIGN EXTERIORS OF STADIUM
- Embargoed: 24th July 2020 20:11
- Keywords: CAS Court of Arbitration for Sport FFP Manchester City UEFA ban financial fair play
- Location: MANCHESTER; LONDON, ENGLAND, UK / NYON; LAUSANNE, SWITZERLAND
- City: MANCHESTER; LONDON, ENGLAND, UK / NYON; LAUSANNE, SWITZERLAND
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA002CM89U0V
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Manchester City will discover on Monday (July 13) whether their appeal against a two-year UEFA ban from European football has been successful, the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) announced on Friday (July 10).
European soccer's governing body UEFA ruled in February that City had committed serious breaches of Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations and failed to cooperate with its investigation, handing them a ban and a 30 million euro ($33.89 million) fine.
City have denied any wrongdoing and their appeal was heard over three days by CAS last month.
Without Champions League football, City could miss out on at least 100 million pounds ($126.26 million) in prize money and broadcast revenue, as well as match day and other income.
($1 = 0.8852 euros) ($1 = 0.7920 pounds)
(Production: Stefan Haskins)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None