- Title: Liverpool skipper Henderson to miss rest of season, will still lift trophy
- Date: 10th July 2020
- Summary: LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND, UK (JULY 10, 2020) (REUTERS) SOUNDBITE (English) LIVERPOOL MANAGER, JUERGEN KLOPP, SAYING: "Oh, Hendo (Jordan Henderson) it was really the best possible of all bad news. It is a knee injury but no surgery, but I am pretty positive that he will start with us the new season. We were all concerned the moment when we saw him going down and when he left the pitch yesterday, when we got the news it was a big relief for all of us and so it is not cool, obviously, but it is the best we could get, and yes, Hendo will be back. He is a quick healer and he will be back soon."
- Embargoed: 24th July 2020 14:26
- Keywords: Burnely Jordan Henderson Juergen Klopp Liverpool VAR
- Location: LIVERPOOL, BRIGHTON, BIRMINGHAM; ENGLAND, UK
- City: LIVERPOOL, BRIGHTON, BIRMINGHAM; ENGLAND, UK
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA002CM88Z7J
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson has been ruled out of the rest of the Premier League champions' campaign after the midfielder sustained a knee injury in their midweek win at Brighton & Hove Albion, manager Juergen Klopp said on Friday (July 10).
Klopp was forced to withdraw Henderson 10 minutes from full-time in the 3-1 win after a collision with Yves Bissouma but the German said the 30-year-old does not require surgery.
Liverpool, who are on 92 points with four games remaining, are on course to break Manchester City's record haul of 100 points and face Burnley on Saturday.
(Production: Iain Axon)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None