- Title: Eiffel Tower: the summer spot to chill with music and a view
- Date: 10th July 2020
- Summary: VARIOUS OF DJ PLAYING MUSIC STUDENT, MAE CAYUELA, MOVING TO MUSIC CAYUELA'S HANDS
- Embargoed: 24th July 2020 12:15
- Keywords: Eiffel Tower dance summer
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Human Interest / Brights / Odd News,Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA003CM870W7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The Eiffel Tower has opened a Summer terrace where visitors can relax 57 meters (187 feet) above ground, listen and dance to music while taking in great views of the French capital.
The terrace and its outdoor bar set on the first floor of the Parisian landmark is opened until Aug. 28, with DJs spinning electronic beats every Thursday and Friday from 7 pm until 10 pm. It held its first party on July 9.
Shut down in mid-March due to the coronavirus outbreak - its longest period out of action since World War Two - Paris's most famous landmark re-opened to the public on June 25.
While all visitors to the Eiffel Tower are required to wear face masks and keep safe distance, few people at the outdoor party wore them as they danced or chatted with their friends.
The Eiffel Tower usually gets about 7 million visitors a year, 75% of which are foreign tourists.
But with foreign travel yet to recover from restrictions put in place to slow the pandemic, most of the visitors in the initial stage are expected to be domestic.
(Production: Melodie Sforza, Yiming Woo)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.