- Title: Bling Bling: Diamond-studded face masks a hit in India
- Date: 11th July 2020
- Summary: SURAT, GUJARAT, INDIA (JULY 10, 2020) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) VARIOUS OF CUSTOMERS WEARING DIAMOND-STUDDED FACE MASKS DIAMONDS ON MASK VARIOUS OF CUSTOMERS LOOKING AT DIAMOND-STUDDED MASKS CUSTOMERS WEARING DIAMOND-STUDDED FACE MASKS VARIOUS OF CUSTOMERS LOOKING AT MASKS (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) JEWELLERY STORE OWNER, DIPAK CHOKSI, SAYING: "People will require masks in times to comeâ€¦ we have used gold in the mask along with American diamond and real diamond. The mask with gold and American diamond costs around 1.5 lakh rupees ($ 1,995) and the mask which is made with gold and real diamond costs around 4 lakh rupees ($ 5,322)." VARIOUS OF DIAMOND-STUDDED MASKS ON DISPLAY (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) CUSTOMER, DEVANSHI, SAYING: "I suddenly looked at the real diamond mask and I found it to be more attractive than jewellery. I liked the mask and it was also matching with my outfit, so, I purchased it because I wanted to look unique." DIAMONDS ON MASK CUSTOMERS WEARING DIAMOND MASKS SEATED
- Embargoed: 25th July 2020 07:45
- Keywords: Gujarat India Surat coronavirus diamond face mask health lockdown mask medicine
- Location: SURAT, GUJARAT, INDIA
- City: SURAT, GUJARAT, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Reuters ID: LVA001CMD6XJJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A jewellery shop in India's diamond city Surat is selling face masks studded with diamonds at a price range of $1,000-$5,000.
The owner thought of adding bling to the protective gear that has become part of everyday life due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The masks are studded with American and real diamonds and costs between $ 1,995 to $ 5,322.
The masks are already grabbing the eyeballs of the customers and some of them have even purchased the masks.
"I suddenly looked at the real diamond mask and I found it to be more attractive than jewellery. I liked the mask and it was also matching with my outfit, so, I purchased it because I wanted to look unique," said a Surat resident, Devanshi on Friday (July 10).
Recently, a man from western Pune city became an internet sensation by donning a face mask made of pure gold to brave the deadly virus.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None