- Title: Actors Johnny Depp and Amber Heard arrive for third day in UK court
- Date: 9th July 2020
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (JULY 9, 2020) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** CAR PULLING UP OUTSIDE THE HIGH COURT IN LONDON ACTOR JOHNNY DEPP AND HIS TEAM GETTING OUT OF CAR/WALKING TOWARDS BUILDING VARIOUS DEPP WALKING TOWARDS BUILDING/WAVING AHEAD OF GOING IN CAR ARRIVING AT A SIDE ENTRANCE ACTOR AMBER HEARD (IN RED MASK) STANDING BESIDE CAR/ HEARD WALKING TOWARDS SECURITY CHECK IN/SHOUTING HEARD OFF CAMERA, SAYING (English) 'You're a piece of human garbage, get hit by a truck Amber!' HEARD GOING THROUGH SECURITY
- Embargoed: 23rd July 2020 10:21
- Keywords: Amber Heard Johnny Depp Newspaper Royal Court The SUN court arrivals libel wife beater
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Judicial Process/Court Cases/Court Decisions
- Reuters ID: LVA001CM38AX3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Johnny Depp arrived at London's High Court on Thursday (July 9) for the third day of his legal action against Britain's The Sun newspaper, a case that is delving into the private lives of the Hollywood star and his ex-wife actress Amber Heard.
Depp, the 57-year-old star of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" films, is suing the Sun's publisher, News Group Newspapers, and its executive editor, Dan Wootton, for libel over an article Wootton wrote in 2018 calling him a "wife beater".
As he has done since the start, Depp arrived at the front of the building, waving on his way in, while Heard arrived via a side entrance.
During the first two days of what is expected to be a three-week case, the court has heard evidence about Depp's heavy drinking and drug use and about his relationship with Heard whom he married in 2015. She filed for divorce 15 months later.
On Wednesday, the "Pirates of the Caribbean" actor was accused of abusing Heard on a flight from Boston to Los Angeles following a row over Franco, who appeared with her in the film "The Adderall Diaries".
Depp told the court that he was surprised she agreed to make the film with Franco, having previously described him as "creepy" for making aggressive sexual advances towards her.
On the flight, Depp screamed obscenities at Heard, said she liked having sex on film sets and called her a "go-getter slut and a whore", said Sasha Wass, lawyer for the Sun.
In a "blind rage", he kicked her in the back as she tried to walk away from him and slapped her across the face, Wass said.
Depp denied the accusations.
(Production: Sarah Mills, Will Russell, Gerry Mey)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None