- Title: French PM signs 'historic' health funding deal
- Date: 13th July 2020
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (FILE - APRIL 16, 2020) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF NURSE PUTTING ON PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT NURSE GOING INTO ICU ROOM PATIENT IN INTENSIVE CARE NURSE TENDING TO PATIENT VARIOUS OF NURSE HELPING ICU PATIENT DO LIGHT BREATHING AND MUSCLE EXERCISES
- Embargoed: 27th July 2020 15:34
- Keywords: COVID-19 Jean Castex nurses
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA004CMN6FRB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: PART AUDIO QUALITY AS INCOMING
French Prime Minister Jean Castex and union representatives on Monday (July 13) signed salary increase agreements for hospital staff, part of a 'historic' budget deal for healthcare.
The deal will clear 7.5 billion euros to increase the pay of healthcare workers, an announcement that came after six weeks of discussions between the government and the unions.
Staff in hospitals and public nursing homes will see their salary rise by 183 euros monthly. Health Minister Olivier Veran also said they are looking to increase the number of staff jobs.
Health care workers, who held several protests last month, say the coronavirus crisis has laid bare strains that threaten to break public healthcare in France.
(Production: Yiming Woo)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None