- Title: Kazakh medics hold minute of silence for colleagues who died from coronavirus
- Date: 13th July 2020
- Summary: ALMATY, KAZAKHSTAN (JULY 13, 2020) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF MEDICS HOLDING MINUTE OF SILENCE FOR COLLEAGUES WHO DIED AMID PANDEMIC RIBBON 'COVID19' AT MEDIC'S UNIFORM (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) HEAD OF INFECTIOUS DISEASES DEPARTMENT NUMBER TWO OF CENTRAL CITY CLINICAL HOSPITAL, GULNARA KUSAINOVA, SAYING: "Today is July 13th, a memorial day for victims of coronavirus infection. All Kazakhstan, all our fellow citizens, mourn today for the victims of this severe and dangerous infection. Unfortunately, there are our colleagues among citizens who lost their lives as a result of this pandemic, today I named a list of 42 Kazakh doctors." VARIOUS OF MEDICS HOLDING MINUTE OF SILENCE MEDIC ENTERING RED ZONE VARIOUS OF MEDICAL PERSONNEL STANDING AND CHATTING IN FRONT OF HOSPITAL ENTRANCE VARIOUS OF CORONAVIRUS HAZARD WARNING SIGN SING READING (Russian / Kazakh): "CROWDED PLACES. THREAT OF INFECTION. KEEP DISTANCE AND ADHERE TO SAFETY PRECAUTIONS" VARIOUS OF 'COVID19' RIBBON DISPLAYED AT ROAD BANNER VARIOUS OF ALMATY VIEW VARIOUS OF KAZAKH FLAG AT UNIVERSITY BUILDING UNIVERSITY BUILDING VIEW
- Embargoed: 27th July 2020 11:53
- Keywords: Kazakh medics Kazakzstan coronavirus coronavirus victims doctors minute of silence outbreak
- Location: ALMATY AND NUR-SULTAN, KAZAKHSTAN / INTERNET
- City: ALMATY AND NUR-SULTAN, KAZAKHSTAN / INTERNET
- Country: Kazakhstan
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Reuters ID: LVA001CMN79S7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Medics of Kazakhstan observed a minute of silence in memory of their colleagues in Almaty on Monday (July 13), at a national day of mourning for those who died from coronavirus.
A total of 42 Kazakh doctors were named as dead amid pandemic in a list announced by the head of the infectious department in Almaty's central clinical hospital, Gulnara Kusainova.
Kazakh President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev took place in a memorial ceremony in Nur-Sultan. The similar ceremonies took place across all the country, while national flags were lowered; the official presidential web site was turned to black and white.
As for Monday, Kazakhstan has reported a total of 59,899 cases of coronavirus, including 375 deaths.
Kazakhstan and other Central Asian nations are struggling with a surge in COVID-19 cases which is now testing their healthcare systems to breaking point after they relaxed tough lockdown restrictions in May.
The country imposed a second lockdown from July 5, citing a jump in COVID-19 cases.
(Production: Pavel Mikheyev, Anastasia Adasheva)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None