- Title: 2017 MVP Westbrook tests positive for COVID-19
- Date: 13th July 2020
- Summary: TAIPEI, TAIWAN (FILE - SEPTEMBER 4, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF ROCKETS GUARD AND 2017 MVP, RUSSELL WESTBROOK DURING COACHING CLINIC WHILE ON A PROMOTIONAL TOUR TAIPEI, TAIWAN (SEPTEMBER 4, 2016) (REUTERS) WESTBROOK PERFORMING A SLAM JUNK DURING COACHING CLINIC WHILE ON A PROMOTIONAL TOUR WESTBROOK WESTBROOK TAKING A SHOT THEN PERFORMING A SLAM JUNK
- Embargoed: 27th July 2020 21:07
- Keywords: Beastbrook NBA Rockets Russell Westbrook
- Location: INTERNET / TAIPEI, TAIWAN
- City: INTERNET / TAIPEI, TAIWAN
- Country: USA
- Topics: Basketball,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA002CMN90ZJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Houston Rockets guard Russell Westbrook said on Monday (July 13) that he has tested positive for COVID-19 ahead of the team's departure to Orlando where the NBA plans to restart its season.
Westbrook, the 2017 Most Valuable Player and nine-time All-Star, said he is in quarantine and will only rejoin the squad when he is cleared.
Westbrook has been one of the Rockets' key players this season after his move from the Oklahoma City Thunder, averaging 27.5 points per game. The Rockets are currently the sixth seed in the Western Conference with a 40-24 record.
Twenty-two teams began arriving last week at the Disney ESPN Wide World of Sports complex in Orlando, where they will be housed in a quarantined bubble to train ahead of the scheduled July 30 restart.
(Production: Stefan Haskins)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None