- Title: European stocks gain, spurred on by cyclical rally
- Date: 13th July 2020
- Summary: FRANKFURT, GERMANY (JULY 13, 2020) (REUTERS) TRADING FLOOR AT FRANKFURT'S STOCK EXCHANGE TRADER MARKET SHARES AND PRICES TRADER DETAIL OF BOARD SHOWING DAX INDEX CHANGING AT 1.15 PERCENT TRADER DETAIL OF BOARD SHOWING DAX CURVE TRADER MARKET SHARES AND PRICES TRADER DETAIL OF BOARD SHOWING DAX LOW OF 12775,79 AT 0706 GMT AND HIGH OF 12789,85 AT 0709 GMT MARKET SHARES ON BOARD BOARD SHOWING DAX CURVE MEDIA TRADER TALKING ON THE PHONE MARKET SHARES TRADING FLOOR
- Embargoed: 27th July 2020 08:56
- Keywords: DAX Robert Halver frankfurt stock exchange index trading floor
- Location: FRANKFURT, GERMANY
- City: FRANKFURT, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA001CMN7JBH
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: European shares rose on Monday (July 13), with cyclical sectors leading gains as investors hoped the upcoming earnings season will feed into signs of an economic recovery from the coronavirus-induced downturn.
The pan-European STOXX index rose 0.8% by 0720 GMT, with banks, automakers and oil & gas rising between 1.2% and 2.0%.
Miners gained 2.0% on optimism over China's recovery and surging metal prices.
Global investor sentiment also brightened at the start of a week that kicks off the U.S. and European quarterly earnings season and includes a summit over the European Union recovery fund and a European Central Bank policy meeting.
(Production: Hakan Erdem, Elena Gyldenkerne)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None