- Title: U.S. Supreme Court's Ginsburg in hospital after possible infection -File
- Date: 14th July 2020
- Summary: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES (FILE - NOVEMBER 30, 2018) (UNRESTRICTED POOL) SUPREME COURT JUSTICES GINSBURG, ALITO, KAVANAUGH, KAGAN, SOTOMAYOR AND GORSUCH POSING FOR CLASS PHOTO
- Embargoed: 28th July 2020 22:37
- Keywords: U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburgh hospital possible infection
- Location: ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA AND WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES
- City: ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA AND WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Judicial Process/Court Cases/Court Decisions
- Reuters ID: LVA007CMS9NPJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was admitted to a hospital on Tuesday (July 14) morning for treatment of a possible infection, a court spokeswoman said.
"The Justice is resting comfortably and will stay in the hospital for a few days to receive intravenous antibiotic treatment," spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said in a statement.
Ginsburg, 87, was initially seen at a hospital in Washington, D.C., on Monday (July 13) night after experiencing fever and chills. She underwent a procedure at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore on Tuesday afternoon to clean a bile duct stent that was placed last August.
Ginsburg, the court's oldest justice, has had a series of health scares in recent years. Last May she underwent non-surgical treatment for a gallstone that had caused an infection.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None