- Title: U.S. Supreme Court's Ginsburg in hospital after possible infection -File
- Date: 14th July 2020
- Summary: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES (FILE-NOVEMBER 30, 2018) (UNRESTRICTED POOL) JUSTICE RUTH BADER GINSBURG VARIOUS OF SUPREME COURT JUSTICES GINSBURG, JUSTICE SAMUEL ALITO, JUSTICE BRETT KAVANAUGH, JUSTICE ELENA KAGAN, JUSTICE SONIA SOTOMAYOR AND JUSTICE NEIL GORSUCH POSING FOR CLASS PHOTO
- Embargoed: 28th July 2020 22:37
- Keywords: U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburgh hospital possible infection
- Location: ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA AND WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES
- City: ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA AND WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Judicial Process/Court Cases/Court Decisions
- Reuters ID: LVA001CMS9NPJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was admitted to a hospital on Tuesday (July 14) morning for treatment of a possible infection, a court spokeswoman said.
"The Justice is resting comfortably and will stay in the hospital for a few days to receive intravenous antibiotic treatment," spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said in a statement.
Ginsburg, 87, was initially seen at a hospital in Washington, D.C., on Monday (July 13) night after experiencing fever and chills. She underwent a procedure at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore on Tuesday afternoon to clean a bile duct stent that was placed last August.
Ginsburg, the court's oldest justice, has had a series of health scares in recent years. Last May she underwent non-surgical treatment for a gallstone that had caused an infection.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None