- Title: AI robot artist 'Ai-Da' stars in new music video for The 1975
- Date: 14th July 2020
- Summary: 3D IMAGE OF AI-DA ON COMPUTER SCREEN 3D DESIGNER AT ENGINEERED ARTS LOOKING AT IMAGE OF AI-DA
- Embargoed: 28th July 2020 11:27
- Keywords: Ada Lovelace Ai-Da Aidan Meller Matt Healy Notes On A Conditional Form The 1975 artificial intelligence robot artist
- Location: UNIDENTIFIED LOCATION / OXFORD & FALMOUTH, ENGLAND, UK
- City: UNIDENTIFIED LOCATION / OXFORD & FALMOUTH, ENGLAND, UK
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Music
- Reuters ID: LVA003CMS8FH7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: CONTAINS PROFANE LANGUAGE
Ai-Da, an ultra-realistic robot that made news for being the first artistic robot, has now starred in a music video released by The 1975.
Ai-Da, named after British mathematician and computer pioneer Ada Lovelace, is one of 15 artists responding to tracks on the band's album 'Notes On A Conditional Form'.
Ai-Da responded to the track 'Yeah I Know', using artificial intelligence and her prosthetic arm to draw her impression of consciousness and was filmed for the video while doing so.
She also wrote a poem in response to lead singer Matt Healy's lyrics which is superimposed on screen as the lines are sung.
Speaking in February last year, the robot's inventor Aidan Meller said the project goal was always more than just drawing.
"Our goal is that she actually performs as an artist. So that is visually, as in she's going to actually be drawing and we're hoping to then build technology for her to paint. But also as a performance artist she'll be able to engage with audiences and actually get messaging across asking those questions about technology today," Meller said.
Ai-Da's is designed to promote debate over the future of human machine relations and to encourage thought about the choices we make.
(Production: Stuart McDill)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Footage contains computer game or software screenshots. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing this clip.