- Title: Tuchel happy with PSG's 7-0 friendly win in front of fans
- Date: 17th July 2020
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (JULY 17, 2020) (REUTERS) PSG COACH, THOMAS TUCHEL ARRIVING FOR POST-MATCH NEWS CONFERENCE AFTER HIS SIDE BEAT WAASLAND-BEVEREN 7-0 IN A FRIENDLY IN FRONT OF FANS AT PARC DES PRINCES (SOUNDBITE) (French) PSG COACH, THOMAS TUCHEL, SAYING: "The most important thing for us was to be able to play four thirty-minute halves in order to give sixty minutes to each player and thanks for that goes to Beveren. It was good for us to be able to play longer and that was the first goal." PSG BADGE (SOUNDBITE) (French) PSG COACH, THOMAS TUCHEL, SAYING: "We created a lot of opportunities, we played without being scared, no one's injured, and we are continuing in the same way. I have the feeling that the team remains focused and took good advantage of working together. It's good and we can see now the result, which is extraordinary, and we want to keep it like that on Tuesday (in the friendly against Celtic)." TUCHEL DURING NEWS CONFERENCE (SOUNDBITE) (French) PSG COACH, THOMAS TUCHEL, SAYING: "If he is on the pitch, he is the Captain (Thiago Silva). It's clear he remains captain until the last day, he stays my captain." TUCHEL DURING NEWS CONFERENCE (SOUNDBITE) (French) PSG COACH, THOMAS TUCHEL, SAYING: "It's always good to play here. It's a unique stadium, it's a spectacular stadium, very unique. There is always a special atmosphere. We prefer to play with all the spectators, but it's always a pleasure to play at Parc (des Princes)." JOURNALISTS WAASLAND-BEVEREN COACH, NICKY HAYEN ARRIVING FOR POST MATCH NEWS CONFERENCE (SOUNDBITE) (French) WAASLAND-BEVEREN COACH, NICKY HAYEN, SAYING: "The sprint of Neymar was the moment of the match for me, who's running down the side, did a tackle to keep the ball and to give the ball to the middle. He is a big star who continues to endeavour for his team. Sometimes it's hard for us to accelerate five meters to put pressure and this is the difference, someone who's won almost everything and who continues to put in such effort. I really like that. When I see all the PSG players, I have a lot respect for them. It was a great pleasure to see the match because usually it's only on television that you see the match, but when you are the coach of the opponent and you see that on the pitch, it's really great." HAYEN DURING NEWS CONFERENCE (SOUNDBITE) (Flemish) WAASLAND-BEVEREN COACH, NICKY HAYEN, SAYING: ''It's unique, for me, for the players, maybe it's 'once in a lifetime' that we can have this, that we can do this (play against PSG). Especially that PSG said they would play the first sixty minutes with their stars. When you really see these names, these star names, we realise how difficult it would be. I said to the players to try and stay focused but also to enjoy this moment." HAYEN LEAVING
- Embargoed: 31st July 2020 22:56
- Keywords: COVID-19 Ligue 1 Nicky Hayen PSG Parc des Princes Thomas Tuchel Waasland-Beveren coronavirus
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA001CN78MRJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: PSG coach Thomas Tuchel was happy with his side's run out in front of their home fans following a 7-0 friendly win over lowly-Germany side Waasland-Beveren on Friday (July 17).
With 5,000 fans allowed in the Parc des Princes for the first time since the coronavirus lockdown started in March, PSG's stars where given a good work out in the match formatted to four halves of 30 minutes with Neymar, Kylian Mbappe and Mauro Icardi all amongst the goals.
Having demolished Le Havre 9-0 in their first friendly, preparations continue ahead of the French Cup final against Saint Etienne and the Champions League last eight tournament for the Ligue 1 champions on Tuesday with a much sterner test against Scottish champions Celtic.
(Production: Noemie Olive)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None