- Title: Italian foreign minister meets with Palestinian PM in Ramallah
- Date: 30th October 2020
- Summary: RAMALLAH, WEST BANK (OCTOBER 30, 2020) (REUTERS) PALESTINIAN FOREIGN MINISTER RIYAD AL-MALKI WELCOMING HIS ITALIAN COUNTERPART LUIGI DI MAIO VARIOUS FLAGS AT THE MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS DI MAIO AND AL-MALKI STANDING FOR PICTURES/ FOREIGN MINISTERS WALKING AWAY MEETING BETWEEN PALESTINIAN AND ITALIAN DELEGATIONS AL-MALKI DURING MEETING DI MAIO AT MEETING MEETING UNDERWAY
- Embargoed: 13th November 2020 14:58
- Keywords: COVID 19 Israel Italy Palestinians
- Location: RAMALLAH, WEST BANK
- City: RAMALLAH, WEST BANK
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Middle East,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA002D2BL93B
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Italian Foreign Minister Luigi Di Maio, on a two-day visit to the region, met on Friday (October 30) in the West Bank city of Ramallah the Palestinian Prime Minister Mohammad Shtayyeh and foreign minister Riyad Al-Malki.
The Palestinian foreign ministry said in a statement that the meeting aimed to improve relations between the two states, adding that Al-Malki called Italy to organise the international peace conference that was requested by the Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.
In the statement, the Italian foreign minister said that Italy "remains steadfast its position on illegality of settlements and continue to support the peace process".
Di Maio, whose visit comes as Israel gradually reopens after a second nation-wide COVID-19 lockdown was imposed in September, met on Thursday (October 29) with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, his Israeli counterpart Gabi Ashkenazi and Defence Minister Benny Gantz.
(Production: Ismail Khadder, Roleen Tafakji)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None