- Title: Drone over Nativity Church on Orthodox Christmas
- Date: 6th January 2021
- Summary: BETHLEHEM, WEST BANK (JANUARY 6, 2021) (REUTERS) (MUTE) DRONE FOOTAGE OF NATIVITY CHURCH AS DAWN BREAKS ON ORTHODOX CHRISTMAS EVE DRONE FOOTAGE OF BELL TOWER OVER NATIVITY DRONE FOOTAGE OF SUNRISE OVER BETHLEHEM CHRISTMAS TREE AT EMPTY MANGER SQUARE VARIOUS OF DRONE FOOTAGE OF NATIVITY CHURCH, MANGER SQUARE
- Embargoed: 20th January 2021 06:25
- Keywords: Bethlehem Christmas Orthodox Palestinians drone
- Location: BETHLEHEM, WEST BANK
- City: BETHLEHEM, WEST BANK
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Middle East,Religion/Belief,Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA001DU2FY2V
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Drone view on Wednesday (January 6) showed Bethlehem, known as the birthplace of Jesus, waking up to a near-deserted Manger Square at dawn on Orthodox Christmas Eve.
Only 12 months ago, the Palestinian town was celebrating its busiest festive season for two decades, amid a sustained drop in violence and a corresponding surge in the number of pilgrims and tourists. But now in the coronaries era, tourists are scarce, leaving hotels almost empty.
Nevertheless, town leaders say it will go ahead with its celebrations, aware that the world's eyes are upon it at this time of year.
The Greek Orthodox Patriarch of Jerusalem, Theophilos III, will lead the celebrations which will take place under COVID-19 restrictions.
The Orthodox church celebrates Christmas Day on January 7th.
(Production: Mustafa Abu Ganeyeh, Yosri al Jamal)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None