- Title: Palestinians bury teen shot by Israeli troops during search for WB shooter
- Date: 6th May 2021
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) SISTER OF KILLED TEEN, AMNEH ODEH, SAYING: "On that day we were talking normally, we were having Iftar meal, we were laughing and doing crazy things. Then he went out with my mother towards the mosque, then he didn't come back." WOMEN WATCHING FUNERAL FUNERAL IN PROGRESS SISTER OF KILLED TEEN FILMING FUNERAL VARIOUS OF FUNERAL BEITA, WEST BANK (MAY 5, 2021) (REUTERS) ISRAELI TROOPS CHECKING PALESTINIAN VEHICLES AT CHECKPOINT IN SEARCH FOR PALESTINIAN SUSPECTED IN WEST BANK SHOOTING ATTACK VARIOUS OF PALESTINIAN MAN, AHMAD AL JABALI, EXAMINING DAMAGE TO HIS HOUSE AFTER AN ISRAELI RAID BROKEN GLASS (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) PALESTINIAN MAN, AHMAD AL JABALI, SAYING: "They raided our house, I tried several times to come and check on the place but they didn't allow me. Then I just parked my car and came here where I found people and journalists. As you can see, the damage is all over."
- Embargoed: 20th May 2021 14:00
- Keywords: Israel Palestinians West Bank clashes troops violence
- Location: ODALA, BEITA AND NORTHERN WEST BANK, WEST BANK
- City: ODALA, BEITA AND NORTHERN WEST BANK, WEST BANK
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Middle East
- Reuters ID: LVA003EBTR613
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES
Palestinians buried on Thursday (April 6) a 16-year-old Palestinian teen who was shot by Israeli troops during clashes in the occupied West Bank.
The teen was shot during clashes on Wednesday (April 5), Palestinian officials said.
Clashes erupted during an Israeli search for a Palestinian suspect of a West Bank shooting on Sunday (May 2). An Israeli teen wounded in Sunday's shooting attack died of his injuries on Wednesday night.
"The troops operated to stop the suspects by firing towards them," an Israeli military spokeswoman said, adding that the incident near the Palestinian village of Beita, south of Nablus would be investigated.
Residents of Beita and the nearby village of Odala say there have been clashes between Palestinians and Israeli troops near the villages' entrances the past several nights.
The Israeli Security Agency, also known as Shin Bet, said it had arrested a Palestinian suspect over the shooting, identifying him as a 44-year-old resident of the Palestinian village of Turmus Ayya.
(Production: Raneen Sawafta, Mustafa Abu Ganeyeh)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None