- Title: Palestinians in West Bank clash with Israeli soldiers
- Date: 14th May 2021
- Summary: HEBRON, WEST BANK (MAY 14, 2021) (REUTERS) PALESTINIANS THROWING STONES AT ISRAELI FORCES ISRAELI FORCES TAKING COVER VARIOUS OF PALESTINIANS THROWING STONES ISRAELI FORCES FIRING TOWARDS PALESTINIANS PALESTINIANS THROWING STONES ISRAELI SOLDIER FIRING TOWARDS PALESTINIANS ISRAELI SOLDIERS PREPARING WEAPON ISRAELI SOLDIER FIRING TEAR GAS GRENADE PALESTINIANS SETTING TYRES ON FIRE BETHLEHEM, WEST BANK (MAY 14, 2021) (REUTERS) PALESTINIANS PROTESTING IN SUPPORT WITH GAZA SOLDIERS THROWING STUN GRENADE TOWARDS PALESTINIANS VARIOUS OF ISRAELI MILITARY VEHICLE FIRING TEAR GAS GRENADES TOWARDS PALESTINIANS CLOUD OF SMOKE FROM TEAR GAS, ISRAELI SOLDIERS AL BIREH, WEST BANK (MAY 14, 2021) (REUTERS) PALESTINIAN PROTESTERS GATHERED PARAMEDICS AT SCENE VARIOUS OF PROTEST JERICHO, WEST BANK (MAY 14, 2021) (REUTERS) PALESTINIANS GATHERED IN HOSPITAL AROUND MAN KILLED BY ISRAELI FORCES, CHANTING MAN HOLDING PALESTINIAN FLAG, PEOPLE GATHERED IN HOSPITAL AROUND MAN KILLED BY ISRAELI FORCES, CHANTING MEN HOLDING BODY ON STRETCHER VARIOUS OF FUNERAL PROCESSION
- Embargoed: 28th May 2021 17:21
- Keywords: Gaza Israel Palestinians West Bank clashes
- Location: HEBRON, BETHLEHEM, AL BIREH AND JERICHO, WEST BANK
- City: HEBRON, BETHLEHEM, AL BIREH AND JERICHO, WEST BANK
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Middle East
- Reuters ID: LVA001ECXOQBR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE THIS EDIT CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES
Seven Palestinians were killed in clashes with Israeli forces on Friday (May 14) in the Israeli-occupied West Bank city of Hebron, during a pro-Palestinian protest over the ongoing conflict between Israel and Hamas, Palestinian health officials said.
As the fighting in Gaza and Israel enters its fifth day, there were pro-Palestinian protests in various West Bank cities, on the border of the West Bank and Israel, Jordan and Lebanon, and in Bangladesh, where thousands marched from Dhaka's national mosque.
The fresh round of violence between Israel and Hamas started on Monday (May 10) when Hamas, the Islamist group that rules Gaza, launched rocket attacks, in retaliation for Israeli police clashes with Palestinians near al-Aqsa Mosque, Islam's third holiest site, in East Jerusalem.
Violence has since spread to cities where Jews and Israel's minority Arab community live side by side.
(Production: Yosri Al Jamal, Mohammad Abu Ganeyeh, Adel Abu Nemeh, Ali Sawafta, Mustafa Abu Ganeyeh)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None