- Title: Amazon in talks to buy MGM movie studio: The Information
- Date: 18th May 2021
- Summary: BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE - JANUARY 5, 2020) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** ACTOR PHOEBE WALLER-BRIDGE AND AMAZON STUDIOS HEAD JENNIFER SALKE POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS ON THE RED CARPET WALLER-BRIDGE HOLDING GOLDEN GLOBE AWARD AND POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS ON THE RED CARPET AMAZON STUDIOS SIGNAGE
- Embargoed: 1st June 2021 13:36
- Keywords: Amazon Hollywood James Bond MGM film sale
- Location: VARIOUS
- City: VARIOUS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Europe,Film
- Reuters ID: LVA006EDHOSR1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Amazon.com Inc is in talks to acquire the iconic U.S. movie studio MGM, The Information reported on Monday, citing a person familiar with the matter.
The status of Amazon's discussions with MGM is unclear and it is possible no deal may result, the report said.
The movie studio behind the "James Bond" franchise, also owns the Epix cable channel and makes TV shows, including popular shows like The Handmaid's Tale, Fargo, Vikings and Shark Tank.
Amazon declined to comment on the report, saying it "doesn't comment on rumors or speculation."
In December, Reuters reported that the movie studio was exploring a sale and had tapped investment banks Morgan Stanley and LionTree LLC and started a formal sale process.
(Production: Sarah Mills)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None