- Title: Britain's Prince Harry and Meghan celebrate third anniversary
- Date: 18th May 2021
- Summary: WINDSOR, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE - MAY 19, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF HORSE DRAWN CARRIAGE CARRYING BRITAIN'S DUKE AND DUCHESS OF SUSSEX, HARRY AND MEGHAN, ON THEIR WEDDING DAY / HARRY AND MEGHAN WAVING AT WELL-WISHERS PROCESSION MAKING ITS WAY THROUGH WINDSOR / CROWDS LINING STREETS VARIOUS OF HARRY AND MEGHAN WAVING AT CROWDS VARIOUS OF PROCESSION MAKING ITS WAY TO WINDSOR CASTLE HARRY AND MEGHAN IN CARRIAGE
- Embargoed: 1st June 2021 17:33
- Keywords: Archie Duchess of Sussex Duke of Sussex Meghan Markle Prince Charles Prince Harry Royal family Windsor Castle two years wedding
- Location: WINDSOR AND LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: WINDSOR AND LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Europe,Royals
- Reuters ID: LVA001EDMN7LZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Britain's Prince Harry and his American wife, Meghan, celebrate their third wedding anniversary on Wednesday (May 19).
Meghan, a former U.S. actress, and Harry, Queen Elizabeth's grandson and sixth in line to the British throne, became one of the world's biggest celebrity couples since their glittering marriage at Windsor Castle.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex welcomed their first child, Archie, the following May, but have since shared a fraught relationship with the UK media.
In January 2020, the couple announced they would step away from their position as senior royals, citing false and invasive coverage as a major factor in their decision.
The announcement sent shockwaves throughout the royal family as it tried to reposition the couple's position in public life.
They subsequently relocated to the United States, where they launched a new charitable foundation, Archewell, after stepping away from their royal roles.
The couple told Britain's biggest tabloids that there would be "zero engagement" with them in future due to issues with their coverage, and Meghan brought about a legal case against the Mail on Sunday newspaper.
Since their move to the United States, they have signed deals to deliver and produce content for Netflix, Spotify and Apple.
Meghan is now pregnant with their second child, but the rift with the rest of the royal family appears to remain following a controversial interview with U.S. broadcaster Oprah Winfrey.
However, Harry was seen chatting with his brother and sister-in-law, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, when he flew back to the UK in April to attend the funeral of his grandfather, Prince Philip.
Later this month, a television documentary series on mental health issues co-created by Harry and Winfrey premieres on streaming service Apple TV+.
Ahead of the broadcasts, Harry appeared on the "Armchair Expert" podcast hosted by U.S. actor Dax Shephard, in which he likened his life as a royal to the "Truman Show," a film about a man who unwittingly grew up as the central character in a popular worldwide television reality show.
He also disclosed that when he first began dating Meghan, they met in a supermarket to avoid paparazzi photographers, and that the couple enjoyed more freedom after moving to California with Archie.
(Production: Ben Dangerfield)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None