- Title: EasyJet to fly 15% of Q3 pre-pandemic schedule, post 701 mln stg H1 loss
- Date: 20th May 2021
- Summary: COLOGNE, GERMANY (FILE - JUNE 11, 2017) (REUTERS) EASYJET PLANE TAKING OFF FROM RUNWAY LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE) (REUTERS) EASYJET PLANE LANDING VARIOUS OF EASYJET PLANE TAXIING
- Embargoed: 3rd June 2021 08:22
- Keywords: Johan Lundgren budget airline easyJet low-cost airline
- Location: VARIOUS LOCATIONS
- City: VARIOUS LOCATIONS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Company News Markets,Europe,Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA004EDNCARX
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: British airline EasyJet said it would fly about 15% of its pre-pandemic schedule in its third quarter, with an expectation it would increase capacity from June onwards, after posting a first-half loss of 701 million pounds ($990 million).
"We have the ability to flex up quickly to operate 90% of our current fleet over the peak summer period to match demand," it said on Thursday (May 20).
The headline pretax loss for the six months to the end of March was towards the upper end of its range of 690 million to 730 million pounds.
(Production: Paul Warren)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None