- Title: FILE-Meghan and Harry name new baby daughter after Queen and Diana
- Date: 6th June 2021
- Summary: Londoners on January 9, 2020, woke up to headlines about the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's announcement they were walking away from senior royal duties. The morning's tabloid newspapers sported headlines such as "The Rogue Royals, "Megxit" and "Turning their backs." LONDON, ENGLAND, UK (FILE - JANUARY 9, 2020) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF UK NEWSPAPER FRONT PAGES REACTING TO THE NEWS OF THE DUKE AND DUCHESS OF SUSSEX QUITTING ROYAL DUTIES
- Embargoed: 20th June 2021 17:32
- Keywords: Canada Harry Markle Meghan Prince Harry Sussex UK queen royal family royals
- Location: VARIOUS
- City: VARIOUS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Europe,Royals
- Reuters ID: LVA00KEGA5RGN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Meghan, Britain's Duchess of Sussex has given birth to her second child, a baby girl, whom she and husband Prince Harry have named after Queen Elizabeth and his late mother Princess Diana.
Lilibet 'Lili' Diana Mountbatten-Windsor was born on Friday (June 4) at the Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital in California, with Harry in attendance.
The birth follows a tumultuous year for the couple, who have stepped down from royal duties and moved to the United States to live more independent lives.
"On June 4th, we were blessed with the arrival of our daughter, Lili. She is more than we could have ever imagined, and we remain grateful for the love and prayers weâ€™ve felt from across the globe," Harry and Meghan said in a statement.
"Thank you for your continued kindness and support during this very special time for our family."
Their press secretary said both mother and baby were doing well and were back at home.
Meghan and Harry have rarely been out of the media spotlight since they gave an explosive interview to U.S. chat show host Oprah Winfrey in February, accusing one unnamed royal of making a racist remark and ignoring her pleas for help when she felt suicidal.
Their first child, Archie, was born in 2019.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Footage contains images from newspapers or magazines. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing this clip.