- Title: 'Back to the Future' star Michael J. Fox turns 60 on June 9
- Date: 8th June 2021
- Summary: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (FILE - OCTOBER 26, 2000) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** MICHAEL J. FOX SPEAKING AT GQ AWARDS NEW YORK, NEW YORK, USA (FILE - APRIL 19, 2001) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF MICHAEL J. FOX ARRIVING AT "THE PRODUCERS" BROADWAY MUSICAL LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE - JUNE 6, 2001) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF MICHAEL J. FOX ARRIVING AT THE "ATLANTIS" PREMIERE AND SPEAKING TO REPORTERS LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE - JULY 15, 2002) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (REUTERS) PERSON DRESSED AS STUART LITTLE AT THE "STUART LITTLE 2" PREMIERE WAVING TO CROWD "STUART LITTLE" POSTER MICHAEL J. FOX WITH FAMILY POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS FOX BEING INTERVIEWED ABOUT VOICING STUART LITTLE WHEATON, ILLINOIS, UNITED STATES (FILE - OCTOBER 24, 2006) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (REUTERS) MICHAEL J. FOX SHAKING HANDS AT A POLITICAL RALLY FOR TAMMY DUCKWORTH, A CONGRESSIONAL CANDIDATE IN ILLINOIS WHO SUPPORTS STEM CELL RESEARCH FOX SHAKING HANDS WITH DUCKWORTH VARIOUS OF FOX STANDING AT PODIUM CAMPAIGNING FOR DUCKWORTH BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE - FEBRUARY 24, 2017) (REUTERS) MICHAEL J. FOX SPEAKING AT ANTI-TRUMP RALLY BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE - JANUARY 12, 2014) (REUTERS) MICHAEL J. FOX WITH WIFE POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS AT THE GOLDEN GLOBES
- Embargoed: 22nd June 2021 12:08
- Keywords: Back to the Future Michael J. Fox Parkinson's disease activist actor
- Location: VARIOUS
- City: VARIOUS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Europe
- Reuters ID: LVA005EGJK025
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The Canada-born star, who first rose to fame in television series "Family Ties" is best known for 1980s film trilogy "Back to the Future" in which he played teenage Marty McFly who sets off on time travelling adventures with inventor Emmett "Doc" Brown.
Fox also starred in movies such as "Teen Wolf", "Light of Day" and "The Secret of My Success"
He returned to television in political comedy "Spin City", winning multiple awards, but semi-retired from acting in 2000 after announcing he had Parkinson's disease and wanted to focus his efforts on research for a cure.
Fox took roles in other shows including "Boston Legal" and in 2013, starred in a TV comedy "The Michael J. Fox Show" loosely based on his own life suffering from Parkinson's.
Fox married his "Family Ties" co-star Tracy Pollan in 1988 and they have four children.
(Production: Lisa Giles-Keddie / Reporting by Marie-Louise Gumuchian)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None