- Title: Heavy police presence at Cornwall site ahead of G7 summit
- Date: 9th June 2021
- Summary: CARBIS BAY, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (JUNE 9, 2021) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF POLICE OFFICERS WALKING ON STREET SIGN READING (English) "CARBIS BAY ESTATE HOTEL AND BEACH" VARIOUS OF POLICE OFFICERS AND SECURITY OFFICER GUARDING HOTEL ENTRANCE POLICE OFFICERS STANDING ON STREET VARIOUS OF ROAD SIGNAGE ADVISING PEOPLE TO AVOID AREA ST IVES, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (JUNE 9, 2021) (REUTERS) ST IVES HARBOUR MAN ON BOAT VARIOUS OF NAVY VESSEL OFF CARBIS BAY BARRICADES / SECURITY PERSONNEL AT ENTRANCE TO TREGENNA CASTLE VARIOUS OF SECURITY ON STREET VARIOUS OF POLICE OFFICERS PATROLLING AREA VARIOUS OF POLICE AND SECURITY LINING STREET/ PEOPLE WALKING BY
- Embargoed: 23rd June 2021 10:25
- Keywords: Carbis Bay Cornwall G7 G7 summit first day police preparations security
- Location: CARBIS BAY AND ST IVES, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: CARBIS BAY AND ST IVES, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Europe,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001EGOJJ9J
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:There was a heavy police presence in the small English seaside town of Carbis Bay on Wednesday (June 9) ahead of the G7 summit.
The first in-person meeting of the leaders of major developed economies for nearly two years is taking place in Cornwall on the tip of southwestern England, with the focus on the COVID-19 pandemic and climate change.
Police closed off roads and advised the public to avoid the area hosting the event. Police and security personnel were patrolling steel fences around the venue on Wednesday morning.
An extra 5,000 officers were drafted in to help the operation with about 6,500 officers and staff involved altogether.
(Production: Natalie Thomas, Ben Makori, Lucy Marks)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None