- Title: Security tight ahead of G7 summit
- Date: 10th June 2021
- Summary: CARBIS BAY, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (JUNE 10, 2021) (REUTERS) VEHICLES DRIVING INTO CARBIS BAY ESTATE HOTEL & BEACH PREMISES VARIOUS OF POLICE OFFICERS AT THE HOTEL ENTRANCE SIGN READING (English) "CARBIS BAY ESTATE HOTEL & BEACH" SIGN READING (English) "RED ZONE" VEHICLES DRIVING UP STREET POLICE OFFICERS ON STREET VARIOUS OF POLICE OFFICERS WALKING ON STREET SIGN READING (English) "ROAD AHEAD CLOSED" STREET SCENE ST IVES, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (JUNE 10, 2021) (REUTERS) G7 MEMBER NATION FLAGS ON PUB VARIOUS OF POLICE OFFICERS CHECKING VEHICLES POLICE OFFICER STOPPING AND SEARCHING PEDESTRIAN SIGN READING (English) "TREGENNA CASTLE RESORT" VEHICLES DRIVING INTO CORDONED OFF AREA POLICE OFFICER LOOKING ON VARIOUS OF BANNER IN STREET READING (English) "G7 PUT CLIMATE FIRST" VARIOUS OF NAVY VESSEL OFF CARBIS BAY
- Embargoed: 24th June 2021 09:34
- Keywords: Carbis Bay G7 summit
- Location: CARBIS BAY AND ST IVES, ENGLAND ,UNITED KINGDOM
- City: CARBIS BAY AND ST IVES, ENGLAND ,UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Europe,G7,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001EGTKIMF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Security for the G7 was tight in the English seaside resort of Carbis Bay and the nearby town of St Ives on Thursday (June 10).
Police have closed off roads and coastal paths to Carbis Bay, erecting steel fences and putting other restrictions in place.
The G7 event, starting on Friday (June 11) is the first in-person meeting of the leaders of major developed economies for nearly two years.
U.S. President Joe Biden arrived in Britain on Wednesday (June 9) evening and is staying in Carbis Bay. Biden will meet British Prime Minister Boris Johnson there on Thursday.
(Production: Ben Makori, Helena Williams)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None