- Title: Pro-Palestinian protesters press G7 action against Israel
- Date: 12th June 2021
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK (JUNE 12, 2021) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF PRO-PALESTINIAN PROTESTERS GATHERED NEAR DOWNING STREET HOLDING PALESTINIAN FLAGS AND POSTERS READING "FREE PALESTINE" WOMEN HOLDING DONATIONS BUCKETS PROTESTERS LETTING OFF FLARES POLICE OFFICER MONITORING DEMONSTRATION VARIOUS OF PROTESTERS HOLDING POSTERS READING "FREE PALESTINE" AND "#STOP ARMING ISRAEL" PROTESTERS WALKING PAST HOLDING HUGE BANNER TABLES WITH ROWS OF PICTURES OF CHILDREN ON PALESTINIAN FLAGS POLICEMEN VARIOUS OF PEOPLE AT PROTEST INFLATABLE FIGURE OF ABU DHABI CROWN PRINCE SHEIKH MOHAMMED BIN ZAYED WITH HORNS POLICE VANS AND PROTESTERS IN THE BACKGROUND
- Embargoed: 26th June 2021 16:00
- Keywords: G7 G7 summit Palestine Palestinians Palestinians protest in London
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Europe,G7,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001EH3H7PJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Protesters gathered outside London's Downing Street on Saturday (June 12) demanding leaders of the Group of Seven (G7) countries to stop selling arms to Israel.
Downing Street is the official residence of Prime Minister Boris Johnson who is hosting the three-day G7 summit in southwest England.
Carrying placards reading "Free Palestine" and "#Stop arming Israel" demonstrators were seeking to pressure the G7 to take action and cease selling weapons to Israel.
Israeli-Palestinian violence flared last month in 11 days of intense fighting between Israel and Palestinian militants in Gaza. A fragile ceasefire is largely holding, though tension remains high.
(Production: Paul Hardy, Emmanouil Papavasileiou, Catherine Macdonald)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None