- Title: Police maintain tight security in Cornwall as G7 summit enters its last day
- Date: 13th June 2021
- Summary: ST. IVES, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (JUNE 13, 2021) (REUTERS) GENERAL VIEW OF ST. IVES ROOFTOPS IN ST. IVES TREGENNA CASTLE RESORT CARBIS BAY ESTATE HOTEL & BEACH STREET SCENE ST. IVES TOWN POLICE OFFICER POLICE OFFICERS IN BOAT VARIOUS POLICE OFFICER ON JET SKI ST. IVES HARBOUR VARIOUS OF NAVY VESSEL OFF CARBIS BAY CARBIS BAY, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (JUNE 13, 2021) (REUTERS) POLICE OFFICERS WALKING ON STREET POLICE OFFICERS WALKING PAST BARRIER AT HOTEL ENTRANCE VARIOUS OF POLICE OFFICERS WALKING DOWN STREET POLICE OFFICERS STANDING ON STREET VARIOUS OF POLICE OFFICERS WALKING DOWN THE STREET / DOING A SECURITY SWEEP POLICE LINED UP ON STREET
- Embargoed: 27th June 2021 09:01
- Keywords: Corwall G7 G7 G7 summit Cornwall security security at G7 summit
- Location: ST. IVES AND CARBIS BAY, ENGLAND, UK
- City: ST. IVES AND CARBIS BAY, ENGLAND, UK
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Europe,G7,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001EH8HPON
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Security in Cornwall was tight on Sunday (June 13) as G7 leaders prepared to meet on the last day of the three-day summit in Carbis Bay, southwestern England.
An extra 5,000 officers have been drafted in to help the operation with about 6,500 officers and staff involved altogether, Devon and Cornwall Police said.
Police have closed off roads and coastal paths to Carbis Bay, the small seaside resort which is hosting the event, erecting steel fences and putting other restrictions in place.
Police are also on patrol in the sea on jet skis and boats.
(Production: Ben Makori, Catherine Macdonald)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None