- Title: G7 leaders 'all mouth, no trousers' say semi-nude climate protesters
- Date: 13th June 2021
- Summary: ST IVES, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (JUNE 13, 2021) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF EXTINCTION REBELLION ACTIVISTS POSING AS LEADERS OF THE G7 WITHOUT THEIR TROUSERS ON AND BIG MOUTHS (SOUNDBITE) (English) EXTINCTION REBELLION PROTESTER, ELLIE, SAYING: "You donâ€™t just talk you need to do things, we need action, we need deeds not words, like the suffragettes used to say otherwise nothing's going to happen, were going to be in a really bad situation, I mean things are already very troublesome in the world with regards to the global climate emergency and we donâ€™t want things to get any worse than they have to. So, here we are , weâ€™re saying that the G7 is basically all mouth and no trousers. Here we are, mouth, trousers.â€ VARIOUS OF EXTINCTION REBELLION ACTIVISTS POSING AS LEADERS OF THE G7 WITHOUT THEIR TROUSERS ON
- Embargoed: 27th June 2021 13:04
- Keywords: Extinction Rebellion G7 G7 summit climate activists climate change demonstration no trousers pants down protest
- Location: ST IVES, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: ST IVES, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Europe,G7,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001EH8I4P3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: CONTAINS NUDITY
Likenesses of British Prime Minister Boris Johnson along with his fellow leaders of the G7 were seen out and about on the streets of St Ives, without clothing on the bottom half on Sunday (June 13), highlighting what activists say is an "all mouth, no trousers" approach to climate change.
G7 leaders are expected to use the meetings in Cornwall to increase their climate finance contributions to meet an overdue spending pledge of $100 billion a year to help poorer countries cut carbon emissions and cope with global warming.
The Group of Seven leaders would jeopardise the chance of success at a landmark global climate change summit later this year if they fail to honour the aid promise, development campaigners said.
(Production: Natalie Thomas, Ben Makori)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None