- Title: Italy fans confident ahead of Euro match v Austria at Wembley
- Date: 26th June 2021
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (JUNE 26, 2021) (REUTERS) FANS OUTSIDE WEMBLEY STADIUM FAN WITH ITALIAN FLAG ITALIAN FANS WALKING TO WEMBLEY STADIUM (SOUNDBITE) (English) ITALY FAN, MANUELA LO VETTHIA, SAYING: "I think it's going to be 3-0 to Italy. I'm just... yes, I'm confident because it's my home country." FAN POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPH BESIDE A EURO 2020 DISPLAY ITALIAN AND AUSTRIAN FLAGS ON EURO 2020 DISPLAY (SOUNDBITE) (English) ITALY FAN, DOMINIC MOLLICA, SAYING: "I've been saying it all along. From day one I've said that we're strong. Semi-finals at least. I'll be happy." ITALIAN FANS WALKING TO WEMBLEY STADIUM (SOUNDBITE) (English) ITALY FAN, JACK COLADANGELO, SAYING: "You've got to respect everyone in this tournament because you can't just think you've got a right to beat anyone, you know, but I think we're there. I think we'll have 31 games today (unbeaten), so we'll break the record, then after that anything is a bonus." VARIOUS OF ITALIAN FANS ARRIVING AUSTRIAN FAN WALKING TO WEMBLEY (SOUNDBITE) (English) AUSTRIA FAN, DEAN FLETCHER, SAYING: "Well, if I'm optimistic we win on penalties. If I'm not optimistic we lose but fingers crossed. Up the Austrians!" REPORTER (OFF CAMERA), SAYING: "You won two games. They cant write you off." "No, they cant write us off and we beat Ukraine who are a really good side and Italy haven't conceded a goal yet but there's always a time for everything. So, today's the day, you know." AUSTRIAN FAN WALKING TOWARDS WEMBLEY WITH ITALIAN FRIEND FANS WALKING TO WEMBLEY ELECTRONIC DISPLAY ON THE STADIUM, READING: "ITALY V AUSTRIA" FANS WALKING TO WEMBLEY
- Embargoed: 10th July 2021 17:12
- Keywords: Austria Euro 2020 European Championship Italy Wembley Stadium
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Europe,Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA001EJ1FHOF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Thousands of Italian and Austrian are making their way to Wembley Stadium in London ahead of tonight's (June 26) Euro 2020 last-16 clash.
Italy, four-times World Cup winners, go into the game resounding favourites having easily won Group A while extending their unbeaten run to 30 matches in the process.
But Austria won two of their group stage games to finish second in Group C behind the Netherlands and will have earned Italy's respect, despite never winning a game at a European Championship before this tournament.
The match kicks off at 1900 GMT and the winner will face either Portugal or Belgium in the quarter-finals on July 2 in Munich.
(Production: Gerry Mey, Stuart McDill)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None