- Title: George Michael wowed crowds at 2011 concert in Prague
- Date: 26th December 2016
- Summary: GEORGE MICHAEL SINGING FIRST SONG GEORGE MICHAEL SINGING SECOND SONG AND PEOPLE CLAPPING AT THE END
- Embargoed: 10th January 2017 07:23
- Keywords: George Michael Prague concert
- Location: PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC
- City: PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC
- Country: Czech Republic
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts/Culture/Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA0025EIQBT3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: British singer George Michael, who became one of the pop idols of the 1980s with Wham! and then forged a career as a successful solo artist with sometimes sexually provocative lyrics, died at his home in England on Sunday (December 25). He was 53.
In the mid-1980s, Wham! was one of the most successful pop duos ever, ahead even of Simon & Garfunkel, with singles like &#147;"Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go", &#147;"Careless Whisper", "&#147;Last Christmas" and "&#147;The Edge of Heaven".
"It is with great sadness that we can confirm our beloved son, brother and friend George passed away peacefully at home over the Christmas period," his publicist said in a statement.
British police said Michael's death was "unexplained but not suspicious."
In August 2011 the singer performed at Prague's grand State Opera House with a nine-piece band and the Czech National Symphony Orchestra.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.