- Title: Toshiba considering booking loss on US nuclear power acquisition
- Date: 27th December 2016
- Summary: TOKYO, JAPAN (FILE - 2015) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF TOSHIBA CORP'S TOKYO HEADQUARTERS SIGN READING (Japanese and English): "Toshiba Corporation" PEOPLE INSIDE BUILDING BEHIND WINDOW CHIBA, JAPAN (FILE - 2011) (REUTERS) TOSHIBA TELEVISIONS ON DISPLAY IN TECH EXPO MAN WATCHING TOSHIBA REGZA 3D QFHD TV YOKOHAMA, JAPAN (FILE - 2012) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF TETRAPOD ROBOT WITH "TOSHIBA" LOGO BEING TESTED BY DEVELOPERS
- Embargoed: 11th January 2017 03:19
- Keywords: Toshiba loss nuclear profits Japan company
- Location: TOKYO, CHIBA AND YOKOHAMA, JAPAN
- City: TOKYO, CHIBA AND YOKOHAMA, JAPAN
- Country: Japan
- Topics: Company News Markets,Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA0015ENRYX9
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Toshiba Corp. said on Tuesday (December 27) it was considering booking a one-off loss of about 100 billion yen ($850 million) on a U.S. nuclear power acquisition made by its Westinghouse operation last year.
The Japanese electronics conglomerate said it would make any necessary announcements following a board meeting on the matter on Tuesday.
The potential loss relates to the acquisition of Chicago Bridge & Iron's (CB&I) nuclear business unit in October last year. CB&I and Westinghouse are involved in litigation over the calculation of working capital in the deal.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None