- Title: Blast in Afghan capital wounds member of parliament
- Date: 28th December 2016
- Summary: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN (DECEMBER 28, 2016) (REUTERS) VIEW OF THE SCENE OF AN EXPLOSION WITH DAMAGED VEHICLES ON THE STREET VARIOUS OF SECURITY FORCES INSPECTING A DAMAGED VEHICLE BELONGING TO A MEMBER OF AFGHAN PARLIAMENT CAUSED BY EXPLOSION AFGHAN SECURITY FORCES GUARDING THE AREA MORE OF A SECURITY PERSONAL INSPECTING DAMAGED VEHICLE DAMAGED CARS IN THE AREA CAUSED BY BLAST BROKEN WINDOWS OF A NEARBY SHOP (SOUNDBITE) (Dari) BLAST EYEWITNESS AND NEARBY SHOPKEEPER, AYAZ JAN, SAYING: "It was 8 o'clock (0330 GMT) in the morning and I was drinking tea in my shop when I heard an explosion. My shop's windows were broken. It was a horrible situation, everyone was scared and they were running away." SECURITY FORCES CARRYING HIS RIFLE POLICEMAN GUARDING THE AREA MORE OF THE SCENE OF ATTACK WITH SECURITY FORCES GUARDING THE AREA
- Embargoed: 12th January 2017 06:46
- Keywords: Afghanistan blast explosion Kabul damage casualties injured
- Location: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN
- City: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN
- Country: Afghanistan
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Insurgencies
- Reuters ID: LVA0015ESRPZ9
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:A bomb attack targeted a member of Afghanistan's parliament in the capital, Kabul, on Wednesday (December 28) wounding him and several other people, officials said.
Fakori Behishti, a member of parliament from Bamyan province, and his son were wounded in the blast, an official with the parliament's security department said.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack, which destroyed the vehicle in which Behishti was travelling, badly damaged other vehicles and shattered the windows of nearby shops.
"It was 8 o'clock (0330 GMT) in the morning and I was drinking tea in my shop when I heard an explosion. My shop's windows were broken. It was a horrible situation, everyone was scared and they were running away," eyewitness and shopkeeper in the area, Ayaz Jan said.
Last week, another member of parliament was targeted by a suicide bomber who killed seven people. The member of parliament survived.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None