- Title: Londoners hope England can bring it home on Sunday
- Date: 10th July 2021
- Summary: CITY OF LONDON WITH THE RIVER THAMES THE SHARD THE LONDON EYE TRAIN CROSSING BRIDGE IN FRONT OF HOUSES OF PARLIAMENT
- Embargoed: 24th July 2021 14:32
- Keywords: England Euro 2020 Final Fans Italy
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Europe,Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA003EL9BMMF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Excitement is mounting in London as England and Italy prepare for their Euro 2020 final clash at Wembley on Sunday night (July 11).
One soccer fan in central London said he was nervous already.
"I'm nervous yeah," said Will Sargent. "In my lifetime I thought I'd never see a final," he said.
This is only England's second appearance in a major final but will be Italy's 10th.
"England is going to win (sic) Italy because we have improved over the years. We've got the best team ever," said John White-Opio.
COVID-19 quarantine restrictions mean the 60,000 crowd on Sunday will be overwhelmingly English, just as it was when the team won their only major title, the 1966 World Cup also at Wembley.
(Production: Gerhard Mey, Stuart McDill)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None