- Title: Aston Martin reveals new hybrid supercar, the Valhalla
- Date: 15th July 2021
- Summary: SILVERSTONE, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (JULY 15, 2021) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF ASTON MARTIN'S NEW HYBRID CAR, THE VALHALLA, UNDERNEATH UNION JACK FLAG OF THE UNITED KINGDOM CAR BEING UNVEILED ASTON MARTIN LOGO VALHALLA CAR ON STAGE VARIOUS OF ASTON MARTIN CHIEF EXECUTIVE TOBIAS MOERS ON STAGE (SOUNDBITE) (English) ASTON MARTIN CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, TOBIAS MOERS, SAYING: ''You know hybrid is very important when it comes to performance, hybridisation and electrification of a power trait is even when it comes to performance, you have more power on demand, more performance on demand and you know with the Valhalla, our new Valhalla here you can drive the car purely electric as well for 10-15 miles so it is standard. It is going to be standard in the performance segment I'm pretty sure about that so it's all about the battery technology, performance battery technology it's all about how you deploy the electric performance but I think we are on a good path at Aston Martin in doing so.'' VARIOUS OF CAR ON STAGE (SOUNDBITE) (English) ASTON MARTIN CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, TOBIAS MOERS, SAYING: ''I cannot talk about every V8 and V10 and V12 but it is a combination. It gives us a lot of performance if you combine a bespoke V8 flat-plane engine together within the Valhalla together with electric power. So we have electric-driven from the axel on that car, we have a side by side electric motor to dual-clutch gearbox so you can have a lot of creativity how you harvest energy and how you deploy energy. The combination makes the difference.'' VARIOUS OF CAR (SOUNDBITE) (English) ASTON MARTIN CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, TOBIAS MOERS, SAYING: ''You know you can always raise the question what should you do in the middle of a pandemic but for us at Aston Martin, mid-engine programmes is the through pillar in our programme and our portfolio for our future and I see good demand on our core business at the moment, the DBX (vehicle), all the intake all our costs is in line with our expectation.'' VARIOUS OF CAR PARTS VARIOUS OF EXHAUST
- Embargoed: 29th July 2021 16:31
- Keywords: Aston Martin Supercar Valhalla hybrid
- Location: SILVERSTONE, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / GRAPHIC
- City: SILVERSTONE, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / GRAPHIC
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Company News Markets,Europe,Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA001ELYB3IL
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Aston Martin unveiled a striking new plugin hybrid car on Thursday (July 15), named the Valhalla.
The new partly electrical powered vehicle was revealed at their racing team's Silverstone headquarters ahead of the British Grand Prix this Sunday (July 18) where Aston Martin will compete for the first time in 61 years.
Aston Martin's chief executive officer Tobias Moers said the carmaker had started on a ''good path'' in developing hybrid automotive technology and says the new Valhalla can drive for 10 to 15 miles in electric-only mode. A distance he believes will become an industry standard for performance.
The Valhalla will be powered by a 4.0-litre twin-turbocharged V8 engine which will be linked to electric motors, giving it the ability to hit a top speed of 217mph (349 km).
Aston Martin have yet to reveal the car's cost which it will likely announce ahead of the car's introduction to the production line.
(Production: Gerhard Mey, Aiden Nulty)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None