- Title: Britain's Royal Mint reports record Â£12.7 million profit
- Date: 20th July 2021
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE - NOVEMBER 19, 2019) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** DALTREY AND TOWNSHEND POSING FOR PHOTOS / THEIR STONE ON THE MUSIC WALK OF FAME
- Embargoed: 3rd August 2021 18:57
- Keywords: David Bowie Elton John Roger Daltrey The Royal Mint The Who coins
- Location: UNIDENTIFIED FILMING LOCATIONS / LONDON AND SOMERSET, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK AND BEVERLY HILLS AND WEST HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / VARIOUS LOCATIONS
- City: UNIDENTIFIED FILMING LOCATIONS / LONDON AND SOMERSET, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK AND BEVERLY HILLS AND WEST HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / VARIOUS LOCATIONS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Europe
- Reuters ID: LVA003EMSABF1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The UK's Royal Mint has delivered a record profit for the year 2020-21 as its "Masterwork" coins honouring music legends attracted new customers.
The Royal Mint announced its Â£12.7 million ($17.3 million) profit on Wednesday (July 21).
The strong financial results are due to strong demand for precious metals investment, sales of historic coins, and exclusive "Masterwork" pieces, it said in a press release.
In the 2020-21 financial year, the Royal Mint introduced bespoke coins honouring music legends including David Bowie, Sir Elton John, and The Who - attracting sales in the U.S. and Asia particularly.
A coin weighing almost 10 kg (22 lbs) to mark the Queen's 95th birthday also drove up sales and a new 50 pence coin celebrating "Diversity Built Britain" entered circulation.
(Production: Mindy Burrows)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.