- Title: Latest 'Dune' trailer drops, starring Chalamet, Zendaya, Ferguson
- Date: 22nd July 2021
- Summary: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (FILE - SEPTEMBER 6, 2019) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** ZENDAYA POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS AT U.S. MAGAZINE HARPER'S BAZAAR ANNUAL ICONS PARTY VENICE, ITALY (FILE - SEPTEMBER 2, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF TIMOTHEE CHALAMET ARRIVING AND POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS AT "THE KING" PREMIERE AT THE VENICE FILM FESTIVAL
- Embargoed: 5th August 2021 17:39
- Keywords: Dune trailer Rebecca Ferguson Timothee Chalamet Warner Bros Zendaya film
- Location: VARIOUS FILMING LOCATIONS
- City: VARIOUS FILMING LOCATIONS
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Film,United States
- Reuters ID: LVA005EMXCB4D
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:The new trailer for "Dune" was released online on Thursday (July 22).
Directed by Denis Villeneuve of "Blade Runner 2049" fame, the film stars Timothee Chalamet, Zendaya and Rebecca Ferguson.
"Dune" follows Paul Atreides (Chalamet), a gifted young man who must travel to the most dangerous planet in the universe to ensure the future of his noble family and of his people.
Conflict ensues with malevolent forces over control of a precious resource called melange - also known as 'the spice' - which if taken can extend life, improve health and bestow limited prescience. Melange is also vital to aid space travel and the most sought after commodity in the universe.
This is the latest screen adaptation of Frank Herbert's iconic sci-fi novel of the same name, after David Lynch's 1984 offering.
The cast in the new film also includes Oscar Isaac, Josh Brolin, Jason Momoa, Dave Bautista, Stellan Skarsgard and Javier Bardem.
"Dune" is set for worldwide release end of October this year, and earlier in September in some territories such as Italy where it will premiere at the Venice Film Festival.
(Production: Lisa Giles-Keddie)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None