- Title: Police say George Michael autopsy 'inconclusive'
- Date: 30th December 2016
- Summary: OXFORDSHIRE, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (RECENT) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF HOME IN OXFORDSHIRE WHERE MICHAEL DIED VARIOUS OF FANS LAYING FLOWERS AT HOME
- Embargoed: 14th January 2017 16:29
- Keywords: George Michael death inconclusive tests post mortem
- Location: PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC / OXFORDSHIRE, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / INTERNET
- City: PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC / OXFORDSHIRE, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / INTERNET
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts/Culture/Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA0025F2SP53
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The cause of singer George Michael's death this week is unclear after an initial autopsy and more tests are needed, British police said on Friday (December 30).
British singer Michael, who became one of the pop idols of the 1980s with Wham! And then forged a career as a successful solo artist, died at his home in southern England on Sunday. He was 53.
"A post mortem examination was carried out yesterday as part of the investigation into the death of George Michael," Thames Valley police said.
"The cause of death is inconclusive and further tests will now be carried out. The results of these tests are unlikely to be known for several weeks," they added in a statement.
British police had said that Michael's death was "unexplained but not suspicious". Michael's manager, Michael Lippman, said he had died of heart failure.
Michael's partner Fadi Fawaz tweeted that he had discovered the singer's body in bed first thing on Christmas morning.
In the mid-1980s, Wham! were one of the most successful pop duos with singles such as ''Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go", ''Careless Whisper", "Last Christmas" and "The Edge of Heaven".
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None