- Title: Family, friends bury Istanbul nightclub attack victim
- Date: 1st January 2017
- Summary: ISTANBUL, TURKEY (JANUARY 1, 2017) (REUTERS) COFFIN OF AYHAN ARIK, EMPLOYEE AT A TOURISM AGENCY, KILLED IN NIGHTCLUB ATTACK BEING BROUGHT TO MOSQUE FOR FUNERAL PEOPLE AT FUNERAL MEN PRAYING AROUND COFFIN SON OF ARIK WEEPING MEN AT FUNERAL WIFE OF ARIK CRYING FATHER OF ARIK CRYING SONS OF ARIK MOURNING MEN AT FUNERAL IMAM LEADING FUNERAL PRAYERS VARIOUS OF MEN PRAYING MAN KISSING THE COFFIN VARIOUS OF COFFIN BEING TAKEN AWAY FOR BURIAL
- Embargoed: 16th January 2017 14:12
- Keywords: Turkey attack funeral gunfire. wounded casualties nightclub gun
- Location: ISTANBUL, TURKEY
- City: ISTANBUL, TURKEY
- Country: Turkey
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Crime
- Reuters ID: LVA0015X90CHZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The wife and two young sons of one of the victims killed in the Istanbul nightclub attack laid him to rest on Sunday (January 1), hours after a gunman opened fire on New Year revellers, killing 39 people.
The victim, said to be an employee at a tourism agency, died at the Reina club, one of Istanbul's best known nightspots, popular with locals and foreigners.
Some 600 people were thought to have been inside when the gunman shot dead a policeman and a civilian at the door, forced his way in and then opened fire.
Dozens of people were wounded in the attack for which no one has yet claimed responsibility.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None