- Title: S&P 500 edges up as investors eye key earnings, Fed meeting
- Date: 26th July 2021
- Summary: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES, UNITED STATES (JULY 26, 2021) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) KRAMER CAPITAL RESEARCH, CHIEF INVESTMENT OFFICER, HILARY KRAMER, SAYING: "So everyone's optimistic today as we wait for good news to come from these earnings reports. This will be a strong week in the market. What we have to wait for is for that tipping point, you know, to happen. And again, that's going to come from geopolitical concerns. It's going to come from Delta variant being a lot stronger and more viral than anyone realize. It's going to come from a $3.5 trillion infrastructure package that is going to be just money thrown at people within the Beltway that then go and find outsourcing for it and then outsource it again. All of that is going to lead to the stock market down ultimately."
- Embargoed: 9th August 2021 21:20
- Keywords: COVID-19 Delta variant Dow Jones Nasdaq S&P 500 Wall Street coronavirus equities index indices markets shares stocks trading vaccine
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Economic Events,Equities Markets,United States
- Reuters ID: LVA002ENHB96V
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The S&P 500 edged higher and eked out another record closing high on Monday (Juy 26), bolstered by optimism over earnings with heavyweight technology names reporting this week, while caution ahead of a policy meeting by the Federal Reserve kept the market in check.
Unofficially, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 83.36 points, or 0.24%, to 35,144.91, the S&P 500 gained 10.43 points, or 0.24%, to 4,422.22 and the Nasdaq Composite added 3.72 points, or 0.03%, to 14,840.71.
(Production: Hyeongmi Kim, Aleksandra Michalska, Fred Katayama)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None