- Title: Apple beats sales expectations on iPhone, services, China strength
- Date: 27th July 2021
- Summary: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (FILE - JULY 30, 2020) (REUTERS) APPLE STORE ON MANHATTAN'S UPPER WEST SIDE WOMAN WALKING PAST APPLE STORE MAN LOOKING AT PHONE INSIDE APPLE STORE APPLE STORE WORKER CHECKING CUSTOMER'S TEMPERATURE APPLE STORE WORKER HOLDING IPAD WITH APPLE LOGO APPLE LOGO ON STORE EXTERIOR NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (FILE - OCTOBER 30, 2018) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF APPLE CEO, TIM COOK, TALKING SHANGHAI, CHINA (OCTOBER 23, 2020) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF IPHONE 12 PRO NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (FILE - JULY 30, 2020) (REUTERS) APPLE STORE ON MANHATTAN'S UPPER WEST SIDE STORE WORKERS TALKING INSIDE STORE APPLE LOGO VARIOUS OF PEOPLE WITH CELLPHONES PEOPLE OUTSIDE OF APPLE STORE APPLE STORE WORKERS LEADING CUSTOMERS INSIDE STORE APPLE STORE WORKER CHECKING CUSTOMER'S TEMPERATURE APPLE LOGO ON STORE EXTERIOR
- Embargoed: 10th August 2021 19:14
- Keywords: Apple COVID-19 Tim Cook coronavirus earnings results
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES, SHANGHAI, CHINA
- City: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES, SHANGHAI, CHINA
- Country: USA
- Topics: Company News Markets,Economic Events,United States
- Reuters ID: LVA001ENMB2O7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Apple on Tuesday (July 27) reported quarterly sales and profits that beat analyst expectations as consumers bought premium versions of its 5G iPhones and signed up for the company's subscription services.
Driven by better-than-expected iPhone sales, total revenue hit $81.43 billion, a rise of 36.4% that was above analyst expectations of $73.30 billion, according to IBES data from Refinitiv.
Earnings were $1.30 per share, above estimates of $1.01 per share, according to Refinitiv.
The results prompted a mixed reaction from investors, with shares moving higher and dipping slightly in after-market trading, declining -0.4% after investors more than doubled the valuation of the company in about three years.
(Production: Aleksandra Michalska)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None