- Title: Third vaccine dose boosts protection against Delta variant - Pfizer
- Date: 28th July 2021
- Summary: INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA, UNITED STATES (FILE - DECEMBER 16, 2020) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF PFIZER-BIONTECH COVID-19 VACCINES IN BOX / VIALS WITH VACCINE TO BE ADMINISTERED AT INDIANA UNIVERSITY HEALTH METHODIST HOSPITAL VIAL OF VACCINE VARIOUS OF HEALTHCARE WORKERS USING SYRINGES TO EXTRACT THE VACCINE FROM VIALS LABEL PLACED ON FILLED SYRINGE SYRINGE FILLED WITH VACCINE WITH LABEL READING (English): "COVID-19 VACCINE (PFIZER)"
- Embargoed: 11th August 2021 15:25
- Keywords: COVID-19 Pfizer coronavirus third dose vaccine vaccine Delta variant
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, + INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA, + JEFFERSON, LOUISIANA, + KALAMAZOO, MICHIGAN, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, + INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA, + JEFFERSON, LOUISIANA, + KALAMAZOO, MICHIGAN, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Company News Markets,Economic Events,United States
- Reuters ID: LVA001ENRA5AF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Pfizer on Wednesday (July 28) raised its full-year sales forecast for the COVID-19 vaccine it developed with Germany's BioNTech by 29% to $33.5 billion, as nations stock up on doses for the rest of the year.
The company also said it could apply for an emergency use authorization for a potential booster dose as early as August, reiterating that a third shot will likely be needed to enhance protection amid a resurgence in infections in many countries.
New early data showed that a third dose generated virus-neutralizing antibodies more than 5 times higher in younger people and more than 11 times higher in older people than from two doses, Pfizer said.
Pfizer shares were up 2% at $42.98 in morning trading.
(Production: Aleksandra Michalska)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None