- Title: Cuba wraps up vaccination campaign in Havana
- Date: 2nd August 2021
- Summary: HAVANA, CUBA (AUGUST 2, 2021) (REUTERS) WOMAN WAITING TO RECEIVE JAB NURSE PREPARING ABDALA VACCINE JAB VARIOUS OF WOMAN RECEIVING ABDALA VACCINE JAB (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) DIRECTOR OF HAVANA POLYCLINIC, AINADI ALFARO, SAYING: "We started the vaccination of pregnant women and lactating mothers, mothers with children, puerperal, 100% of our lactating mothers and pregnant women in the second and third trimester are vaccinated. We have not started vaccinating children but we are planning to do so when we get instructions from the Ministry to start massive vaccination of the younger population." MAN EXITING CLINIC PEOPLE WAITING OUTSIDE CLINIC WAITING TO RECEIVE VACCINE JAB SIGN READING (Spanish): "Clinic essay unit phase III. Cuban Covid-19 vaccine candidate" (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) HAVANA RESIDENT, ZAIDEE BERGES, SAYING: "(Covid-19) cases are growing and it is a preoccupation for the people as well as for our leaders. I think discipline, besides being able to receive the vaccine, is an important factor to prevent the growth of Covid-19 cases. I have faith that they will diminish." POLYCLINIC SIGN PEOPLE WAITING OUTSIDE POLYCLINIC PEOPLE ENTERING AND EXITING POLYCLINIC
- Embargoed: 16th August 2021 20:36
- Keywords: Abdala Covid-19 Havana vaccine
- Location: HAVANA, CUBA
- City: HAVANA, CUBA
- Country: Cuba
- Topics: Health/Medicine,South America / Central America
- Reuters ID: LVA005EOL8OQV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Cuba completed a vaccination rollout in the capital city of Havana on Monday (August 2) to help curb a rise in infections according to authorities from the health ministry.
Cuban Health Ministry Chief of Primary Attention, Maria Elena Soto said more than 1.3 million of Havana's residents have been vaccinated with the locally produced Abdala jab or another vaccine.
''This is a very important feat, it has involved a praiseworthy and big effort from all structures: from public health, the Ministry, all health areas, the provinces, the municipalities,'' Soto said.
In Cuba 23.4% of the population over the age of 19 have been fully vaccinated.
Cuba has the highest infection rate per capita in America. The country is currently going through its highest point in the pandemic with a record number of 9,747 cases and 87 deaths.
(Production: Mario Feints, Nelson Gonzalez, Anett Rios, Geraldine Downer, Nina Lopez)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None