- Title: Cuba wraps up vaccination campaign in Havana
- Date: 2nd August 2021
- Summary: NURSE AT POLICLINIC STANDING IN FRONT OF A SIGN WITH IMAGE OF FORMER CUBAN PRESIDENT RAUL CASTRO
- Embargoed: 16th August 2021 20:36
- Keywords: Abdala Covid-19 Havana vaccine
- Location: HAVANA, CUBA
- City: HAVANA, CUBA
- Country: Cuba
- Topics: Health/Medicine,South America / Central America
- Reuters ID: LVA002EOL8OQV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Cuba completed a vaccination rollout in the capital city of Havana on Monday (August 2) to help curb a rise in infections according to authorities from the health ministry.
Cuban Health Ministry Chief of Primary Attention, Maria Elena Soto said more than 1.3 million of Havana's residents have been vaccinated with the locally produced Abdala jab or another vaccine.
''This is a very important feat, it has involved a praiseworthy and big effort from all structures: from public health, the Ministry, all health areas, the provinces, the municipalities,'' Soto said.
In Cuba 23.4% of the population over the age of 19 have been fully vaccinated.
Cuba has the highest infection rate per capita in America. The country is currently going through its highest point in the pandemic with a record number of 9,747 cases and 87 deaths.
(Production: Mario Feints, Nelson Gonzalez, Anett Rios, Geraldine Downer, Nina Lopez)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Footage contains photographs or artwork. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing this clip.