- Title: â€œSituation is worrisome,â€ say Kerala residents amid surging COVID-19 cases
- Date: 2nd August 2021
- Summary: KOCHI, KERALA, INDIA (AUGUST 02, 2021) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) VARIOUS OF TRAFFIC EXTERIOR OF HOSPITAL SIGNBOARD READING (English): "ERNAKULAM MEDICAL CENTRE MULTI SPECIALTY HOSPITAL SINCE 1985" EXTERIOR OF HOSPITAL SIGNBOARD READING (English and Malayalam): "CASUALTY" PEOPLE AT HOSPITAL AMBULANCE PARKED (SOUNDBITE) (English) KOCHI RESIDENT, ABHIJEET, SAYING: "Half of the (coronavirus) cases are from Kerala and that's not an acceptable thing. Kerala is a state known for the effective COVID protocols (to curb the disease), but, now, it's increasing and that's really worrisome." THIRUVANANTHAPURAM, KERALA, INDIA (AUGUST 02, 2021) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) VARIOUS OF FEDERAL GOVERNMENT'S TEAM OF EXPERTS HOLDING MEETING WITH LOCAL HEALTH OFFICIALS ON POSSIBLE MEASURES TO CONTROL COVID-19 SCREEN SHOWING PRESENTATION MEETING UNDERWAY
- Embargoed: 16th August 2021 16:08
- Keywords: India Kerala Kochi Thiruvananthapuram cases coronavirus health lockdown vaccine
- Location: KOCHI, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM, KERALA, INDIA
- City: KOCHI, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM, KERALA, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Asia / Pacific,Health/Medicine
- Reuters ID: LVA001EOL67GV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Residents of India's southern Kerala are worried after the state has become the country's recent COVID-19 hotspot after reporting over 20,000 cases daily last week.
Kerala reported 13,984 new COVID-19 cases and 118 deaths on Monday (August 02), taking the total of active cases in the state to 165,322. Its case positivity rate indicating the pace of spread in infections is now the country's highest, as per health ministry data.
"The situation is worrisome," said Abhijeet, a Kochi resident.
A federal government's team of experts visited high concentration districts in Kerala and had a meeting with local health officials on possible measures to control the spread of the deadly virus.
Nationwide, India reported 40,134 new cases of the coronavirus in the last 24 hours, a government statement said on Monday.
Deaths rose by 422 in the same period, according to the federal health ministry.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None